Monday, June 11, 2012

Bare handed...

What 9/11 is to the world is 6/11 to me. It is totally devastating. I didn’t know parting can be so painful. I am talking about the loss of my beloved iPhone. I am not a person who cared about materialistic stuff. To me, anything and everything other than life is redeemable. Hence I adopted a carefree approach towards pretty much lot of things (I mean non-living things). But today, I see myself in excruciating pain, pain of loss of a dear one. There is not a single moment where I was away from my cute monster phone. I carried it even to the rest rooms checking emails, facebooking, playing games, browsing and at times talking to someone. It was my third hand; It was the ‘Rest of Abi’. Now without it, I feel barren… Every time I move out of my desk, I watch my bare hands only to know my personal assistant is no more.

May be I relied too much on it for the much caused agony... All those lovely pictures of my kid, her recent hair-do we did yesterday, her dancing video clips, funny expressions which I flaunted to a lot of my friends - All gone in one shot! Someone, please tell me I am living through a nightmare...

My mind is refusing to look beyond – to see, what can be done next. A lot of times, I have thought no phone can replace an iPhone. An iPhone can be replaced only by an iPhone. He is special and no one can come close, certainly not an android. He was my symbol of pride!

The fact that I can’t get him back and not even a similar one is kindling my tear glands to pour more and more. As I carried him in my lap today when having a pillion ride to my office with my husband, I didn’t realize he is going to slip out of my lap forever. When I comfortably kept the phone at home, Raj promptly (as he always is) asked me if I had taken my phone. Gee… No! I went rushing back to collect the phone from my sister who had brought it half way through. He perfectly murmured – “why not you throw it away as you don’t care about it anyway?”. In another 10 minutes, my intelligent device was gone!

One call from my colleague, the reminder from Raj, bike ride instead of a car drive and the fact that I was carrying too many stuff in both my hands today – acted as catalysts to today’s event, while the main ingredient was my carelessness! With this, I also lost the kids’ playmate. What answer do I have to them?! My dad, if given an option, will send me out of home! My husband, but for the marriage vow, would want me quarantined for my eccentric behavior…

All is over. Now ever waiting for that miracle to descend upon me (which I knew cannot happen)…

No comments: