Thursday, April 16, 2015

He is not my kind of a guy!

I met him. He appeared like a geek. Extremely strong in concepts of software languages. I admired him for his knowledge and articulation. But he is not my kind of a guy!
Dark, Tall and Handsome – DTH was what girls of our time were interested in…

My training got over. We parted ways having great admiration and reverence for him in me. But he is not my kind of a guy!

After a couple of months, I saw him in my work place. He came to see one of his friends. Casually exchanged a ‘hi’… I was quite excited to see somebody, a known face in the new work environment.

Few weeks passed by… One fine evening, rather night around 8:30, I again met him in the bus stop waiting for our MTC buses (obviously!). My sweet J24A bus never arrived for 40 minutes. We engaged in career discussion. Everything a fresher would be interested to know I asked him. He kept on missing all his buses until I got mine and boarded on to. Great ambitious person with keen aptitude… He proudly presented his business card. I was glad having found a “mentor” Nay! But he is not my kind of a guy!

I was eager to drop him a note next day itself. But I held back. “What if he thinks I am drooling over him” I spaced my email a week after… I clicked the ‘send’ button and consciously forgot about it. I didn’t get a reply for more than a week. But when I received his reply I should say I was elated. Warmth spread all over his email. Such a nice gentleman, I thought! But still, he is not my kind of a guy! A very good acquaintance!

So, jus to return his gesture, I too sent him an email! No! Not immediately, after a day or so :D Return of "return" of emails continued… We switched over to messenger instead of emails. You know, we wanted instant replies! :D

It was newyear’s eve! 2002 was bidding a grand goodbye to all of us. We decided to meet in a near by coffee shop. “What am I going to talk to him!” I wondered.
He was talking about his MBA plans, career, technology etc etc. I tried my level best to match him, mostly listening and asking “relevant” questions. :)

A good friend, may be... He is still not my kind of a guy!

Days passed! Our comfort level was increasing. Both of us were flowing like a stream. Our thoughts unbridled…
He was outright in saying “Don’t fall for me. I am not ready for another mishap. Let’s be good friends”. I liked the honesty in him and anyway, I was not “interested” in him.

A few more days passed… “What the heck! Where are we heading to? Let’s get married!” Didn’t care anymore if he was my kind of a guy!

He is still not my kind of a guy. We are poles apart in character, interests, hobbies, skills, ideologies, taste, everything. What is of importance to him falls to the bottom of my priority list! And vice versa!

I don’t consider him my husband. He is my friend with whom I am ready for a conflict any time.
But still at the end of the day, I look forward to his presence to complete my day!

My father in law commented "Leave two idiots alone and give them sufficient time. They would fall in love" How true it is! :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I just read my first novella.. And such a true inspiring love story..

Why I said novella is I wanna read more "rajabi" love stories.. Lol..

அருணாச்சலம் மகராஜன் said...

Wow... Nice narration. Stay the same.

Unknown said...

Super...

Unknown said...

Super...

Sathiyanathan said...

Wow...Akka every thing is awesome...the happenings and the way you presented...Happy journey forever Couples..🙏😍🎈

Rajasekhar said...

ஒரு பஸ் மிஸ் பன்னது குற்றமாய்யா 😄😄

Unknown said...

Hmm. If you would have travelled from Tiruninravur to Office, thought of missing the bus would have never occurred 😀